2 0 0 9 – 2 0 1 9
Eagle Christian College
- strives to develop learners academically, emotionally and spiritually to the optimum of their talents and abilities,
- endeavours to inculcate in learners respect for people with diverse views and backgrounds and display the love of Christ through their various abilities and talents,
- provides quality education that compares favourably with relevant national and international requirements and standards.
- aims at having classroom ratio of 25 learners per staff member.
The School currently operates without a bond or overdraft and it receives no financial backing, apart from occasional donations. We are not a burden to the taxpayers as we do not receive a subsidy from the Department of Education. Eagle Christian College is working with the North West Department of Education.
Who we are:
- Independent High school: Grade 8 –12
- Eagle Christian College (ECC), is open to any learner adhering to the ethos
- We focus on: Remedial therapy and Counselling
- ECC receives no external funding except occasional donations
- ECC is a Public Benefit Organisation
- ECC is 10 years in existence; financially stable due to strict management of budget
- 100% black learners
- Our learners are representative of the community
- Children that don’t cope in Government schools, need smaller classes
- Children who were asked to leave their previous schools
- Our school is often the last resort for learners that other schools have given up on
- Some of our learners have become orphans or lost their family breadwinner while enrolled with us
- Mostly lower to middle income parents
- Civil servants, nurses, teachers, taxi drivers, pensioners, jobless people
- Majority of our parents earn salaries of R10 000.00 (US$ 690) per month or less
- For learners struggling to cope academically or financially
- Enabling learners to achieve Grade 12
- Ensuring learners will overcome significant problems and become responsible citizens; enriching the South African community for the rest of their lives
2015 – 2018
159 learners received
Eagle Christian College was founded in 2009 by a group of dedicated teachers who wanted to make a difference to black education in Madibeng, BRITS, North West. We welcome intelligent and hardworking learners, whilst we are a Beacon of Hope for a large number of “broken children”.
“Teaching Towards Abundant Life”
Vision and Mission
- The school is based on Biblical principles without being bound dogmatically to a Church denomination.
- We will strive to motivate our learners through our abilities and by the force of our example.
- Our aspiration is for our learners to become morally strong and to establish in them a clear Christian world view.
- We guide them to achieve their optimum/highest academic results according to their talents.
- We strive to prepare them to live their lives to their fullest and to contribute abundantly towards the lives of others.
Eleven dedicated likeminded teachers established Eagle Christian College in 2009 guided by faith.
- The teachers were known and supported by the local Brits section of the Education Department and Eagle Christian College was registered as an Independent School in the First Year.
- Registration number: EMIS 600105253
- We were also registered in 2009 as a Grade 12 Examination Centre
- We accept all learners applying with a valid report.
- We often accept learners for Gr.12 that were promoted in Grade 11 and have been requested to find other schools for various reasons for example behavioural problems and dubious academic results.
We have a passion to help children who are traumatised by a lot of different factors. Through the Beacon of Hope project we support them to overcome challenges and by doing so we give them an opportunity to succeed in life.
News & Announcements
See: Building Project
Why Donate to Eagle Christian College?
Who we are:
Independent High school: Grade 8 –12
Eagle Christian College (ECC), is open to any learner adhering to the ethos
We focus on remedial therapy and Counselling
ECC receives no external funding except occasional donations
ECC is a Public Benefit Organisation
ECC is 10 years in existence; financially stable due to strict management of budget
We strive to motivate through our abilities and force of our example
Every learner is a gift and we provide holistic education
Due to the problematic background of various learners we enroll, we regard our pass rate of over 90% as exceptional
Successes in sport and other extramural activities
We have various success stories that we are proud of
Examples of our successes
A Sepedi speaker from a remote rural area in Limpopo enrolled with us for her Gr.10 year. She had not attended school regularly for 3 years could not speak English and Afrikaans. She gave birth to a baby at the end of Gr.10. She passed Gr.12, in 2012 being condoned for Afrikaans.
In 2018 we took 10 new Gr.12 learners, 6 who had been asked to leave their previous school for non-academic performance; they all graduated Gr.12 at the end of that academic year.
Success through Empathy
We accommodated learners with various difficulties e.g: ADHD; Bipolar; Anger; Depression, Autism spectrum; Addictions
We give remedial therapy and various extra classes
We test learners for substance abuse:
We send learners to rehabs and allow them back after treatment and support them when they come back.
We counsel them over time;
behaviourchange in most of them to pass Gr.12
We allow pregnant learners to stay in school
We have provided glasses to 159 learners, from 2015 – 2018